Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Read Across America


Today is Dr. Seus's birthday aka Read Across America Day! Reading has always been a favorite past time of mine even when I was a young child. Today, I will help pass on the love of reading to several students at school where I will be a guest reader and help celebrate the joy of reading with cake and party hats!

What was your favorite book/s as a child?

Mine was I am a Bunny by Richard Scarry and now I read this book weekly to my newborn daughter.

PS: Those with little ones that are not in school yet, and would like to take in a reading event check out your local Potterybarn Kids store as they will be hosting a special story time today!

3 comments:

  1. I love that print and have considered buying it multiple times. If I had wall space in my condo, I would totally buy it!

    My favorite book as a young child was the Mickey Mouse version of The Sourcerer's Apprentice. I read it so many times, my mom said I had the whole thing memorized!

    Now as an adult, my favorite books for little girls are the Fancy Nancy books. And my favorite book for either boys or girls are the Llama Llama books. My personal favorite is Llama Llama, Mad at Mama. Whenever I babysit for the boys and we pick out books to read, I always make sure that is one of the books I read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute print! I picked my daughter up from school and she told me that it was Dr. Seus's birthday.


    The Cheeky Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a child I read 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' many times! Little did I know it would grow into a life-long love affair with chocolate ;)

    ReplyDelete